Thursday, April 12, 2012

What I've been reading lately.....


What I've been reading lately.....

Book Cover (Source)

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story

 
  • Ree Drummond

  •               A friend lent this book to me on a Wednesday. I started reading it immediately and I was hooked. I finished it in 2 days. I enjoyed every bit of this book. I love how Ree narrates her story, its like listening to your best friend. I laughed and laughed while reading this book. It was if you are right there with her through the good times, bad times (not very many) and the EMBARRASSING times (and there are quite a few). Also this book makes you want to fall in love all over again. How she meet here husband and how they fell in love , it is such a sweet, sweet story. It will capture anyone's heart.
                 Unfortunately, I had to give the book back to its original owner. But I am definitely going to buy this book either in paperback or on my nook. It is one I would love to read again! HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommend pickin this book up sooner than later. You can find it Here or here. I love watching Ree's food network show, The Pioneer Woman. Like I have said before her recipes are simple yet scrumptious. She has 2 Cookbooks and I keep hinting to my husband about them. ;) You can also check out her fabulous blog at http://thepioneerwoman.com/ . You will be hooked, I promise.

    Here is a little Bio on Ree from the Food Network.com
    Ree Drummond is a writer, photographer, ranch wife and mother of four. Her blog, ThePioneerWoman.com, attracts more than 20 million page views per month and was named Weblog of the Year at the 2011, 2010 and 2009 Bloggie Awards. Ree is also the author of the #1 best-selling cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl and the 2011 memoir Black Heels to Tractor Wheels — A Love Story, which debuted at #2 on The New York Times Best Sellers list for nonfiction hardcover. Ree’s children’s picture book, Charlie the Ranch Dog, which chronicles the adventures of her much-beloved basset hound, also premiered at #1 on The New York Times Best Sellers list. Drummond has appeared on numerous national talk shows including Good Morning AmericaTODAYThe View and Fox & Friends.
    Ree Drummond (source)

    What I am reading now: 

    The Lucky One

    The Lucky One 
  • Nicholas Sparks (
  • Source)


    I have always enjoyed Nicholas Sparks and I am very excited about this book. I will let you know how it was as soon as I am finished. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment