Thursday, March 8, 2012

My New Love:Simple Sesame Noodles and Asian Chicken Stir Fry

Asian Chicken Stir Fry


I love the food network. I watch almost every cooking show. I have  fallen in love with the new pioneer woman cooking show. As she says in her intro to the show, her style of food is simple yet scrumptious. It is completely true, every recipe I have tried is scrumptious. I haven't tried a recipe yet that i haven't absolutely loved, seriously. So now I am hooked on her show and her blog. One day while just reading archives of her blog, I came across this Simple Sesame Noodles Recipe. I know I had to make them. I wanted to make a meal out of them so I  added my recipe for Asian chicken stir fry to the menu and got to cooking. Boy, They were yummy. My hubby just loved them. He ate 2 platefuls!

Ingredients for Asian Chicken stir fry and sesame noodles


Asian Chicken Stir Fry

  • Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 1-2 lbs
  • 3 TBS  cornstarch
  • 1TSP red pepper flakes
  • 2 TBS soy sauce plus 1/4 C
  • 1/2 TSP ginger
  • 1TBS garlic powder
  • Fresh Broccoli cut into florets
  • 1 large Onion diced
  • 2 bell peppers chopped into strips
  • Carrots thinly sliced or shredded
  • Mushrooms diced -optional
  • 1 C chicken broth
  1. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
  2. Toss with cornstarch
  3. combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, red pepper flakes in a bag shake to combine
  4. add chicken pieces to bag and shake well
  5. refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
  6. in large skillet heat 2 TBS  of canola oil and 1 TBS sesame oil- stir fry chicken till no longer pink. 
  7. remove from pan and keep warm
  8. add 1 TBS of sesame oil and stir fry broccoli florets, carrots, onion, and bell pepper 4-5 min  Add mushrooms saute for another minute (if using a small skillet, you may have to stir fry in batches)
  9. when veggies are done, add 1 c chicken broth and 1/4 C soy sauce
  10. return chicken to pan and cook until thickened and bubbly
Serve warm with simple sesame noodles or Rice
(Printable Recipe)


Asian Chicken Stir Fry

Simple Sesame Noodles Recipe

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is the best for me. I like this kind of recipe because I know that it was very delicious. I cook this already and it was very nice. Try it for those who doesn't try this kind of recipe.

    http://beststirfryrecipe.com/

    ReplyDelete